A Bean's Tale of Running

My photo
Bethlehem/Scranton, PA, United States
Hi. You may be wondering why the weird title? It may even be the reason you’re at all giving interest to this blog in he first place. Well...I'm not gonna tell you why it’s called this, yet! I'm a Senior Exercise Science student with a final goal of a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. I use to be a swimmer but then became a college student and ate and slept. To my dismay the freshmen 15 had mauled me. So, due to my two unstoppable friends I began to run...actually it was more of an attempt to move on land when I knew the only grace I ever had was in water. I ran my first 5 miler the Bethlehem Christmas City Classic 2008. And, I did another first the Steel Man Triathlon 2009 at Lake Nockamixon. I've now started a running blog which I have no clue how to really manage just like my running. I am now training..I think, I hope for my first Half Marathon and olympic distnace tri. So, join me as I learn how the heck to write a running blog and how to run.

WARNING:

For all you grammar savvy folks out there be forewarned. This is a blog that is created from the mind of a most enthusiastic endurance athlete..at least I like to think myself one. I live to laugh and I hope I'll bring you a smile. So, please enjoy this, on the side, fun blog about swimming, biking, running, college, and life.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

And so it begins....




PHILADELPHIA HALF MARATHON !!!!!!!!


I've been officially signed up for the Phili half now for around a month now. This will be the official first 13.1 mile race I will complete. I dabbled with the possibilities of the Disney Princes Half Marathon last year buuuttt it never happened. Same fact happened with the Phili half but in that case the race had closed. But mira! (look) I'm officially signed up its totally gonna happen! And to add to this most epic occasion my very good friend Meg (also mentioned in the first ever post and is the reason I started all of this that fated day she dragged me along the streets of scranton) will be doing the race with me! SHE IS SIGNED UP! HECK YES! Also, another wonderful individual Julianne is contemplating the attempt of the Rothman 8k which is the day before.
Oh yes! Silly me I neglected to say when the heck this thing is happening! And because I am a lazy college student that is currently eating lunch while doing this because that is the only time I have free I have placed the entire race weekend schedule below.


SEPTEMBER 19th:

Health & Fitness Expo 12:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. NEW EXTENDED HOURS. Pennsylvania Convention Center, Hall D 12th & Arch Streets

Race Packet Pick-up 12:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Pennsylvania Convention Center, Hall D 12th & Arch Streets


SEPTEMBER 20th:

Rothman Institute 8K (New day and time!) 7:30 a.m. 22nd Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway, near the Philadelphia Museum of Art

Kids Fun Run Onsite registration begins at 9:00 a.m. Races begin at 10:30 a.m. 22nd Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway, near the Philadelphia Museum of Art

Health & Fitness Expo 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Pennsylvania Convention Center, Hall D 12th & Arch Streets

Race Packet Pick-up 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Pennsylvania Convention Center, Hall D 12th & Arch Streets

Runners' Pasta Party 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Spaghetti Warehouse 1026 Spring Garden Street

SEPTEMBER 21st:

Marathon + Half Marathon 6:55 a.m. Wheelchairs and Handcycles 7:00 a.m. Runners 22nd Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway, near the Philadelphia Museum of Art


What am I doing to get ready you ask? Welllllllll! I'm glad you brought that up! My plan is to slowly increase my weekly miles till the weekend before when I will run 13.1 miles on that Sunday and then stretch and such till the race weekend. So...... here it is I have 13 weeks

Monday: week 1-2: 3, 3-4: 3.5, 5-6: 4, 7-8: 4.5, 9-10: 5, 11: 5, 12: 4

Tuesday: Weights

Wednesday: week 1-2: 3, 3-4: 3.5, 5-6: 4, 7-8: 4.5, 9-10: 5, 11: 5, 12: 3

Thursday: Weights Week 12: Stretch

Friday: week 1-2: 3, 3-4: 3.5, 5-6: 4, 7-8: 4.5, 9-10: 5, 11: 5, 12: stretch

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: week 1-2: 5, 3: 6 4:7, 5:8, 6:9, 8:10, 9:11, 10:11 , 11: 13, 12: RACE

Alright well so far its going well. My workout for each day is in the Widget on the left of the Blog. The weights are the hard part right now because I get so sore from it all.


Till next time! HAVE A SUPA DUPA DAY!

Bean

1 comment:

Have something to say? Well what are you waiting for! SAY IT MY LOVELY READER SAY IT!

Followers