A Bean's Tale of Running

My photo
Bethlehem/Scranton, PA, United States
Hi. You may be wondering why the weird title? It may even be the reason you’re at all giving interest to this blog in he first place. Well...I'm not gonna tell you why it’s called this, yet! I'm a Senior Exercise Science student with a final goal of a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. I use to be a swimmer but then became a college student and ate and slept. To my dismay the freshmen 15 had mauled me. So, due to my two unstoppable friends I began to run...actually it was more of an attempt to move on land when I knew the only grace I ever had was in water. I ran my first 5 miler the Bethlehem Christmas City Classic 2008. And, I did another first the Steel Man Triathlon 2009 at Lake Nockamixon. I've now started a running blog which I have no clue how to really manage just like my running. I am now training..I think, I hope for my first Half Marathon and olympic distnace tri. So, join me as I learn how the heck to write a running blog and how to run.

WARNING:

For all you grammar savvy folks out there be forewarned. This is a blog that is created from the mind of a most enthusiastic endurance athlete..at least I like to think myself one. I live to laugh and I hope I'll bring you a smile. So, please enjoy this, on the side, fun blog about swimming, biking, running, college, and life.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 1: Goodbye processed foods, hello vitamins!

Day 1:
Why Hello there! Funny seeing you here. Why am I blogging you ask? Well because my vlogs seem to be boring. OH OH! You aske "what the heck are you talking about?". Of course my little chillins you would not know! I've been trying a new medium of (haha) media. With my new canon powershot I have been "vloging" or video logging. Thing is I see myself using the camera as a way to complain...booorrrring. So! I've decided for these (40 days of lent) its time to get myself going. I'm going to blog and vlog. I will put up that first set of video today on my youtube channel.
Now that we have that out of the way you still have an inquisitive look...you guys are all full of curiosity today! It's the title isn't it. Well yes of course! I'm giving up processed foods for lent! Haza! It's gonna be a kicker aye? I'm actually very excited about it and I hope this sacrifice will turn into a way of life. I'm a bit of a sugar-holic and I go a bit nuts when a fresh bag of salty highfructos corn syrup is opened near by. Well, no more! It's time for a journey of epic proportions! I hope to come out the other side with more energy and a better feeling of self. Heck yes, I said a better feeling of self...what does that mean? Well quite frankly the thinking I have is as follows...
By cutting out these man made foods, sugars, and un-needed carbs I will feel better about my diet and gain a different view on food as fuel instead of a break/treat from studying haha. Also, in combination with my Olympic distance triathlon training not only will I begin to actually feel like a real athlete I will, in theory, begin to look like one too. So, raise your salads and whole grains to day one my friends!

Cheers!

Bean

2 comments:

  1. As much as possible, we should always limit our intake of processed food. Eat fruits and vegetables and include vitamins in your diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutly. And since starting its been great. A bit hard when im at college, most things are in a sauce our fried from a bag haha. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Well what are you waiting for! SAY IT MY LOVELY READER SAY IT!

Followers