A Bean's Tale of Running

My photo
Bethlehem/Scranton, PA, United States
Hi. You may be wondering why the weird title? It may even be the reason you’re at all giving interest to this blog in he first place. Well...I'm not gonna tell you why it’s called this, yet! I'm a Senior Exercise Science student with a final goal of a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. I use to be a swimmer but then became a college student and ate and slept. To my dismay the freshmen 15 had mauled me. So, due to my two unstoppable friends I began to run...actually it was more of an attempt to move on land when I knew the only grace I ever had was in water. I ran my first 5 miler the Bethlehem Christmas City Classic 2008. And, I did another first the Steel Man Triathlon 2009 at Lake Nockamixon. I've now started a running blog which I have no clue how to really manage just like my running. I am now training..I think, I hope for my first Half Marathon and olympic distnace tri. So, join me as I learn how the heck to write a running blog and how to run.

WARNING:

For all you grammar savvy folks out there be forewarned. This is a blog that is created from the mind of a most enthusiastic endurance athlete..at least I like to think myself one. I live to laugh and I hope I'll bring you a smile. So, please enjoy this, on the side, fun blog about swimming, biking, running, college, and life.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 13: Exercise Fail

Hi Readers. Not to enthusiastic today...because it was one big boring fail. To start the day I woke up at noon and commenced to discover that it had snowed and was raining..gross and double gross. Guess I wasn't taking the bike out. Not to mention I had scheduled a bunch of stuff to get finished today...fail. It is now 9:36 and I am still haven't finished reading some articles. I didn't get started till like 3 then I got two articles read two to go and I made dinner and then watched 4 episodes of pokemon. I plan to get up nice and early tomorrow! 9am at the latest! I'll have neuro studied and finished in no time! Then I need to get more research for my class done and get an outline together. That's gonna be the hardest part. Also, I've had fluid behind my ears for awhile but now I'm just being lazy. I was all tired and fatigued for the past three weeks aka sick for two of those weeks. Now I really need to get my butt in gear and start training. It only takes 2 hours to train and get cleaned up, but I just don't have the heart. With all this work I'm suppose to get done and the fact that I don't give a rats bottom about it doesn't help. Real studying starts again when I get to grad school. I would probably become a ton more positive if I take a ride on the bike.
It's that whole runners high thing. Its actually a release of chemical in your reticular formation of the brain that causes an inhibitory response blocking the awareness of pain, the chemical also gives you that happy WWWOOOHOOO feeling aka the runners high. I need a good kick in the butt...or a day that doesn't look like mother nature threw up. hahaha! I should watch some Iron man clips. Not to mention I feel FAAATTTTTSSSS today oh being a girl with all those hormones that make us all pissy/emotional/sad/self-hateful. I wanna play me some pokemon. How's this. I finish reading these two articles and then play pokemon till my phone dies! Maybe, if I'm really good tomorrow I will give myself a reward of buying pokemon white version!

Oh gosh now that's incentive! What about this..I buy pokemon white but can't play it till I write my Senior Research paper...oh gosh I'm so mean to myself! .... I LOVE IT <3!

Well I better get to work! Catch ya on the flip side! And give yourself some insentive and reward for hard work!

KEEP IT UP!

Cheers,

Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Well what are you waiting for! SAY IT MY LOVELY READER SAY IT!

Followers