A Bean's Tale of Running

My photo
Bethlehem/Scranton, PA, United States
Hi. You may be wondering why the weird title? It may even be the reason you’re at all giving interest to this blog in he first place. Well...I'm not gonna tell you why it’s called this, yet! I'm a Senior Exercise Science student with a final goal of a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. I use to be a swimmer but then became a college student and ate and slept. To my dismay the freshmen 15 had mauled me. So, due to my two unstoppable friends I began to run...actually it was more of an attempt to move on land when I knew the only grace I ever had was in water. I ran my first 5 miler the Bethlehem Christmas City Classic 2008. And, I did another first the Steel Man Triathlon 2009 at Lake Nockamixon. I've now started a running blog which I have no clue how to really manage just like my running. I am now training..I think, I hope for my first Half Marathon and olympic distnace tri. So, join me as I learn how the heck to write a running blog and how to run.

WARNING:

For all you grammar savvy folks out there be forewarned. This is a blog that is created from the mind of a most enthusiastic endurance athlete..at least I like to think myself one. I live to laugh and I hope I'll bring you a smile. So, please enjoy this, on the side, fun blog about swimming, biking, running, college, and life.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 8: The night owl flys....


Reader....its 1am...I have failed you. This post should have been for yesterday. (Hangs head in shame). I got caught up in my Pokemon action and vlog editing....I...*gasp* (DRAMATIC PAUSEEEE!) am sorry.

SOOO! How bout them Yanks???   ...yeah...

Let's talk. Let's talk about procrastination because, you know what, it's killing me. I can barley get my shiz together...and the thing is, I have no negatives coming from my procrastination this semester. It's not like my graders are suffering or anything, heck I'm having more fun than ever. There's just that little over-achieving freshman in my brain stabbing me with a protractor yelling about defeating all the lesser students. Well I just threw a large physio book at that freshman and said "Geeze have a beer and calm down you're stressing me out".
Do you see what I mean readers? It's a downward spiral of doom. There is one thing I guess I can't let slip, its Essentials of Strength training...I got a B on the last test...WHAT! The fact is I have to take a 5 hours certification exam at the end of finals week in Philadelphia...ooooh gosh...which means I better get on reading this book! Also, READERS!!! I must get the study material from NSCA! Great goodness O'Nelly. I should find a job too...I need some money cuz gosh knows I'm making nuttin right now.
Readers..I am quite tired. Sleep is such an important aspect of health and well being and learning. Science is not yet sure about REM (rapid eye movement) sleep and its association with learning. One theory is that when you finally laps into the REM cycle after an hour of sleep and after progressing through stages 1 to 4 your brain is compiling information and doing a memory scan to make sure everything is in order. Fascinating, NO? It's quite remarkable that your cerebral cortex is actually at the same activity level as in a wakeful state. You are of course paralyzed (as to not thrash about in your wild dreams about meeting me and being epic in my awesome shadow...HA! Readers...so silly) and the only movement that your body can accomplish is wobbling your eyes about. (Strange occurrences, yes?). So, with that information about sleeping I myself should get a few REMs in before the waking hours.
OH DO NOT FRET READERS parting is such sweet sorrow, but I will be with you once more in no more than 8hours :), there's the smile I've been looking for...NOW GET TO BED!

CHEERS!

Sleepy Bean
Cartoons Wallpaper: Sleeping Snoopy

1 comment:

Have something to say? Well what are you waiting for! SAY IT MY LOVELY READER SAY IT!

Followers